Fire insurance gives the insured the requisite financial protection against assets acquired during his/her lifetime so that in the event of any misfortune the insured would be put in the same financial position he/she enjoyed just before the loss.
There are two (2) main potential buyers of fire insurance - the individual and the organization. The Individual needs Fire Insurance as protection against his/her property including buildings, household goods and personal effects. The Organization including Commercial and Industrial concerns could insure its buildings, plant, machinery and equipment, stock of raw materials, finished goods and profits.
Information Required to Enable Us Process A Policy
1. Personal Records of Proposer such as:
- Full name of Proposer
- Postal Address / Telephone Number / E-mail Address
2. Risk Details such as:
- Current Value of Building and/or Contents to be insured.
(Please note that value for building should be stated separately from value of contents)
- Exact location of property. E.g. House No. 15, Abofour Crescent, Haatso, Accra.
- Type of construction: For e.g. built with cement blocks and roofed with corrugated iron sheets.
3. Any other information relevant to the risk such as:
- Claims Experience
- Whether the items to be insured have been previously insured elsewhere and by which Insurance Company.
We normally inspect premises/contents to be insured under our Commercial Policies before cover is granted.
Some of the benefits enjoyed by the insured under Combined Policies include the following:
- One Proposal form to complete
- A single policy document.
- Common Renewal Date for all Covers
- Easier reference for day-to-day dealings with Insurers and/or Intermediaries.
The SIC Fire Department issues the following policies: